An easy and cheesy way to mix up your quesadilla!
We’ve had a bit of an unusual run of dreary days in Colorado lately, but yesterday the sun finally came out yesterday and it was the best. I got outside and did some yardwork – something I’ve only just recently discovered that I actually like.
Since we’ve moved into our new house, our first house, I’ve been getting out into the yard a bit to try to clean it up. It’s been in pretty rough shape – lots of dead leaves and dead branches, lots of exposed dirt and patchy grass. Slowly working on cleaning it up has been surprisingly therapeutic, but I’d also realized how much time it takes to take care of an entire yard! There are so many projects I want to work on, some feasible, some not. But for now I’m chipping away at it bit by bit and enjoying watching things sprout up and bushes and trees begin to turn green again.
This quesadilla recipes I’ve made a few times this week after hankering for a quesadilla and finding we were completely out of cheddar cheese. I found some leftover swiss and onions which made for a delicious quesadilla, but the sautéed mushrooms really brings this up another notch!
The mushrooms and onions are soft and savory and they complement the swiss neatly. Sandwiched in a crispy, toasted tortilla, the textures marry perfectly and the whole package is absolutely yummy!
All that gooey cheese – yes!
- 3-4 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- Several slices of yellow onion
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Two tortillas
- A handful of shredded swiss cheese
- Sauté the mushrooms and onions over medium-low heat with the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until very soft and cooked down, about 10 minutes. Remove the ingredients from the pan.
- On one tortilla, spread the mushrooms and onions and sprinkle the cheese over them. Top with the second tortilla and add to the same pan.
- Cook on medium heat until the tortilla browns and the cheese is melted; flip to brown the second side of the quesadilla.
- Cut and eat immediately.
If you try this mushroom and swiss quesadilla, I’d love to see the result! Tag your kitchen creations with #mesacookingco so I can admire your beautiful work!
© MESA COOKING CO. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission.