A ten-minute, healthy side of veggies!
Favorite way to eat veggies: ROASTED. Favorite veggie to eat roasted: BROCCOLI. Y’all – I’m serious, some extra crispy roasted broccoli is basically like candy to me. No, I’m not weird.
Crank up your oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle some olive oil. Squeeze some lemon juice. Salt and pepper those florets. And you’ve got yourself a super tasty, flavorful, healthy addition to your main dish.
Say it’s Monday night. Your “dinner” has consisted of two salted dark chocolate chip cookies, cheese, and crackers (just in this totally hypothetical, definitely not-a-true-story way). Enter candy —- AKA roasted broccoli (absolutely not weird). And you’ve got some veggies in the mix! Little choices bring you to a healthier life!
Have a happy Tuesday!
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with the olive oil and lemon juice. Generously add the salt and pepper (can add more after roasting).
- Spread on a large baking sheet and cook for about 20-22 minutes, until broccoli are crispy and browning on the edges. Finish with 1-2 minutes under the broiler on the highest rack of your oven (watch carefully).
If you try this roasted lemon broccoli, I’d love to see the result! Tag your kitchen creations with #mesacookingco so I can admire your beautiful work!
© MESA COOKING CO. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission.