A fantastic side to any Mexican meal! Serve with chips or top your tacos with it!
We’ve been devouring some seriously delicious Mexican food lately and this salsa has become a new staple on taco/fajita/burrito nights! It’s super easy to throw together and is full of fresh, powerful flavor.
The main players here are baby bella mushrooms, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. 99% of your time making this salsa will be finely chopping all these yummies. And I won’t lie, that part is pretty tedious even though it only takes about 10-15 minutes. So, the special trick to make this easier is toss everything in a food processor and pulse until chopped. This will work great, but definitely be careful not to over-do it – otherwise you’ll wind up with sauce instead of salsa (but maybe that’s how you roll – you do you!)
This is also a customize to your fav flavor type of recipe. Throw in lots of cilantro if you’re a cilantro lover like me. Omit the jalapeño if that’s a little to spicy for you. More lime, more salt, more red onion – all options!
(and maybe even toss in some other favorite veggies to this – bell pepper would be tasty in this too!)
Happy Tuesday, friends.
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms, washed and finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (add 1 or 2 more if you like it spicy)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (or other neutral oil)
- Juice of one lime (fresh is best!!)
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Coarse salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients.
- If time allows, allow to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour. Keeps covered in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Adapted from: Some seriously delicious salsa from a favorite Mexican restaurant
If you try this cilantro mushroom salsa, I’d love to see the result! Tag your kitchen creations with #mesacookingco so I can admire your beautiful work!
© MESA COOKING CO. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission.