A chili that is bound to satisfy even meat lovers!
It’s been awhile, friends! Things have been busy and I’ve been enjoying a slower pace in the kitchen lately. Family, friends, and holiday fun is taking precedent over recipe testing – and it’s been so good! So, posts and recipes are a littler slower to share, but I want to thank you so much for following along! It’s been a joy to share my favorite kitchen recipes in this place and I’m looking forward to continuing to share lots more! I have big ideas for the future and some yummy recipes coming up – stay tuned.
For now, you gotta check out this new chili recipe I’m sharing today! This is a vegetarian chili that is absolutely PACKED with protein! On a typical week, I only eat meat a couple times, but my husband prefers it a bit more. When I can make a vegetarian meal this filling, this wholesome, and this tasty, we got two happy people at the kitchen table.
My favorite things about this vegetarian chili:
- The slow cooker makes this the EASIEST meal. We’re talking 10-15 minutes of chopping, throw it all in the crockpot, and forget about it for 8 hours. That’s IT!
- The quinoa and beans make this FULL of protein. Love it, love it, love it – we all need a chili that’s gonna keep up content for hours!
- It’s a got a little sizzle and spice in it. The cumin, chili powder, and cayenne in it are so tasty!
I know y’all will love it on these chilly (pun 100% intended) fall nights!!
And did I mentioned this recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian, AND even vegan?? It’s perfect to serve to friends and family with those dietary restrictions!
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white Northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dump all ingredients in the slow cooker (it's that easy!) and stir to combine.
- Cook for 7-8 hours on low and serve warm!
- Garnish with your favorite chili toppings!
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven’s Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
If you try this protein-packed vegetarian chili, I’d love to see the result! Tag your kitchen creations with #mesacookingco so I can admire your beautiful work!
© MESA COOKING CO. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission.