An easy recipe for gluten-free baked sweet potato fries tossed in a spicy blend of seasonings!
By the time you’re reading this, I will be landing in Italy! WHOOO. We’re hopping on a plane this afternoon and I’m scheduling this to post Friday morning! Can’t wait for this adventure and I can’t wait to share pictures and food inspiration with you when I get back! Follow along on Instagram for a few updates during our trip!
But first, delicious, spicy hot sweet potato fries! I have a current obsession with sweet potato fries and I just need to share it! Especially with all of you who are gluten-free – here’s a recipe for you!
These sweet potato fries are pretty easy to make! The most time-consuming part of it is cutting all the fries uniformly, but even that will only take about 10 minutes. You’ll then toss them in some oat flour (or other gluten-free flour), toss a layer of olive oil on them, and then finish by tossing them in a spicy blend of seasonings!
Pop them in the oven for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway, and you’ve got yourself a healthy, tasty treat!
SO YUMMY. Also, not a fan of spicy? Just leave out the cayenne and these will still be mega flavorful, but not too spicy!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
P.S. I had planning to have a post or two go up while I am on vacation, but I really want to disconnect and just enjoy this trip. So, it’s going to be a little quiet here while I’m gone and until I get things back up and running when I’m back in Denver. While I love to pump out great recipes 2x a week, it just wasn’t possible for me to work that far ahead! So, you can expect to hear from me in a couple weeks, but in the meantime, I’m gonna focus on a work-free vacation as much as possible! Have a great couple weeks, friends!
- 2 sweet potato fries
- ½ Tablespoon oat flour
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- A pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel your sweet potato fries and cut into even, long, rectangular pieces. Try to make them as uniform as possible to prevent uncooked or burned pieces. The smaller the pieces, the crispier they will be. I like them less than ¼ inch on all sides.
- Toss them in a large bowl with the oat flour. The goal is to get a very light dusting of oat flour on all sides of the fries.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fries and toss again to lightly coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining spices (chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder) and sprinkle over the fries. Toss to evenly coat.
- Lay the fries out on the parchment paper. Spread to allow space between the fries.
- Bake for 15 minutes on one side and remove from oven. Gently flip the fries a few at a time to cook on the opposite side. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until completely cooked and crispy.