Two big giant, delicious cookies – one for you and one to share!
Celebrating Friday with a pair of addicting, gluten-free cookies! I tossed these together the other night and could not wait to share because they are AMAZING.
This recipe is:
- Gluten-free, so you can share one with your gluten-free spouse/friend/neighbor
- Made for two, one big cookie for you and one to share
- Chocolatey, we’ve got some cocoa powder AND chocolate chips – DOUBLE CHOCOLATE
- Peanut buttery, you’ll add some PB on the inside and drizzle some on the top
- Easy, you probably have all seven ingredients in your pantry/fridge already
- Simple, no fancy gluten-free flours here!
Also, important PSA: These cookies 100% require a cold glass of milk. I don’t even like milk – I almost never drink it. But after taking a bite of one of these beautiful cookies, I immediately poured a glass of milk. These cookies taste amazing with that cool refreshing drink!
There are seven easy ingredients in these cookies, so this will just take a couple minutes to throw together! Mix it up, form two giant cookies onto your baking sheet, bake for ten minutes, and drizzle with some extra peanut butter!
Guys, this is the cookie to turn to when it’s late at night (or it’s 10am) and you just need a cookie and you need it now. You could literally have a warm cookie in your hand within fifteen minutes.
Okay, and we probably need to get one thing right before we launch into the recipe – although I said this recipe to share, you know, cookies for two, we all know that every once in awhile this recipe might just make cookies for one. Oh no, we’ve not gonna halve it, we’re just gonna eat the whole batch. GUYS, we all know this needs to happen sometimes and let’s face the facts – if we make these, we might just end up eating the entire batch ourselves.
And we’re gonna love every minute of it!
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg yolk and brown sugar until fully combined. Add ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter (reserving 1 Tablespoon) and stir until combined.
- Stir in the oats, cocoa, and baking soda. Then, add the chocolate chips.
- On a baking sheet, form the dough into two cookies (or four if you feel like sharing). Shape them into two round pieces, about ½-3/4 inch thick. You'll want to pat them down to that thickness because they will not spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until dry to the touch. Allow to cool and drizzle with your remaining 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter (heat in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften, if necessary).
If you try these gluten-free chocolate peanut butter cookies, I’d love to see the result! Tag your kitchen creations with #mesacookingco so I can admire your beautiful work!
© MESA COOKING CO. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission.